Monday, February 1, 2010

Cover art - "Hawkmoon" by Michael Moorcock

Last week my computer decided that deserves more attention than usual and went crazy. Therefore I had to send it in a repairing trip for the PC to settle itself down. Despite all this, with a little help from my friends who let me use their computers for some information, I found a few very interesting things that made the wait a bit more pleasant.

First of all I want to congratulate Mark Charan Newton for his second two-book deal signed with Tor UK. It is well deserved and I am happy to see that “Legends of the Red Sun” series will have two new books. Congratulations!

Second, I’ve discovered last week through the blog that always brings joy to my eyes, Irene Gallo’s The Art Department, the cover artworks for the new editions of the Michael Moorcock’s “Hawkmoon” series, published by Tor Books. The covers are the work of the talented Vance Kovacs, who also makes the interior illustrations of the novels. And by the look of them we are in for a treat. “The Jewel in the Skull” was released in January, “The Mad God’s Amulet” will be released in March and “The Sword of the Dawn” will be published in August. It remains to find out the release date for the fourth novel in the series, “The Secret of the Runestaff” and when the time comes, its cover artwork too.

2 comments:

Bryce L. said...

Those are just awesome covers. I've always been a Moorcock fan, I should really give Elric a reread.

Mihai A. said...

Amazing covers indeed. And I like Moorcock too :)