Friday, October 3, 2014

Happy Anniversary, Beneath Ceaseless Skies!

One of my favorite magazines, Beneath Ceaseless Skies, celebrates its 6th anniversary this month. At every two weeks since October 9th, 2008, I visited with more and more delight Beneath Ceaseless Skies, the magazine becoming one of my constant sources of quality short fiction. And over the passing years I was thrilled to see some of my favorite writers publishing stories within the pages of Beneath Ceaseless Skies (Aliette de Bodard, Helen Marshall or Genevieve Valentine), to discover some new talented ones (Alex Dally MacFarlane or E. Catherine Tobler) and to add several such tales to my list of favorites (“Golden Daughter, Stone Wife” by Benjanun Sriduangkaew, “Boat in Shadow, Crossing” by Tori Truslow or “Kingspeaker” by Marie Brennan). To mark this anniversary, at the beginning of this month, Beneath Ceaseless Skies releases a double issue, four stories of which two were published yesterday, “The Sorrow of Rain” by Richard Parks and “The Moon Over Red Trees” by Aliette de Bodard, and two due to be published on October 9th, “Heaven Thunders the Truth” by K.J. Parker and “Butterfly House” by Gwendolyn Clare. I have plenty of reasons to bask in this celebration, not only because Beneath Ceaseless Skies is one of my favorite magazines, but also because it brings two new stories from Aliette de Bodard and K.J. Parker, two writers for whom I have nothing but respect and whose works I read brought me every time great delight. I wish Beneath Ceaseless Skies a warm happy anniversary and hoping to see it at many more such celebrations to come!

As an aside note, since I have already mentioned K.J. Parker, I hardly can restrain myself not to point two more stories from this excellent author available online nowadays, “The Things We Do For Love” on Subterranean Online and “A Rich, Full Week” on Clarkesworld Magazine.

No comments: